Matalan Retail - Case Study
Matalan is one of the UK's leading clothing and home-ware retailers offering quality fashion and home-ware at up to half the equivalent high street price.
Quantum Plus was engaged by Matalan once they had determined their sourcing strategy. The scope was the bulk of their IT with a contract value in excess of £25 million over a five year period.
Quantum Plus applied its methodology to ensure Matalan had clearly defined objectives and that the contract they entered into achieved their goals.
Quantum Plus achieved this by:
- Ensuring a clear and accurate data capture
- Clearly defining all services and activities
- Producing a framework structure for a robust contract
- Drafting all contract schedules and ensuring Matalan was protected in the key areas
- Applying the Quantum Plus contract principles to all aspects of the contract
- Designing the retained organisation, defining roles and responsibilities and assisting with recruitment
- Implementing service management principles
- Implementing an effective governance framework
“We have a long-standing relationship with Quantum Plus, who has delivered savings to the business many times over using their practical 'hands on' approach. They have helped us navigate the complex commercials of outsourcing, while demonstrating expertise in best practice contract negotiation and a real appreciation of the IT context. I have always been impressed with Quantum Plus' flexibility and people; in fact, I have recommended them to other senior Directors within the Retail sector”
Business Systems and Change Director